The three finalists of the Junior Eurovision Éire are already known. The show selects Ireland’s representative at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest (JESC) 2022.
The pre-recorded semifinal was broadcast last Sunday night, hosted by Louise Cantillon and Daran Ó Caoimh. The jury featured the guest Brooke Scullion (who represented Ireland in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest) and the permanent judges Chris Greene (RTÉ 2fm radio presenter) and Niam Ní Chróinín (radio presenter and director of the youth radio station Raidió Rí-Rá).
Eight contestants sung a cover in Irish language of different songs. Niamh Noade and Sophie Lennon were selected as finalists by the jury. As for Clare Keeley and Lara Gleeson, they went to sing-off, where de judges elected Clare Keeley for the final.
The final will be held next Sunday and, for the first time, the public will decide the winner. The voting is already open in this link.
Junior Eurovision Éire 2022 semifinal results
(Click on the titles to watch the performances)
- Finalistas diretos
- Niamh Noad: Catch and Release (de Matt Simons) – Finalista
- Sophie Lennon: Symphony (de Zara Larson & Clean Bandit) – Finalista
- Restantes concorrentes
- Andrew Dawes: Falling Slowly (de Glen Handsard e Markéta Irglová)
- Caillín Joe McDonald: Hold Back the River (de James Bay)
- Marley-Peig Leonard: A Million Goodbyes (de Lea Heart)
- Phoebe McIvor: Cold Heart (de Elton John & Dua Lipa)
Leave a Reply