The first semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) 2023 takes place tonight. Representatives from 15 countries take the stage at the Liverpool Arena to fight for one of the ten places in the grand final.
The show is opened by Norway and closed by Finland. There are two big news on the format: the results are dictated only by the public, by televoting… and online voting – which, for the first time, is open even for countries that do not participate.
In addition to the competing performances, Julia Sanina (opening), Alyosha and Rebbeca Ferguson and Rita Ora (as interval acts) also take the stage tonight.
Scheduled for 20:00 (local time; 21:00 CET), the first semi-final can be watched through the official ESC channel at this link, and all the broadcasters of competing countries and the three Big 5 which vote in this show (France, Germany and Italy).
(By running order; click on the song titles to listen to it)
- Norway/Alessandra – Queen of Kings
- Malta/The Busker – Dance (Our Own Party)
- Serbia/Luke Black – Samo Mi Se Spava
- Latvia: Sudden Lights – Aijā
- Portugal/Mimicat – Ai Coração
- Ireland: Wild Youth – We Are One
- Croatia/Let3 – Mama ŠČ
- Switzerland/Remo Forrer – Watergun
- Israel/Noa Kirel – Unicorn
- Moldova/Pasha Parfeni – Soarele şi Luna
- Sweden/Loreen – Tattoo
- Azerbaijan/TuralTuranX – Tell Me More
- Czechia/Vesna – My Sister’s Crown
- Netherlands/Mia & Dion – Burning Daylight
- Finland/Käärijä – Cha Cha Cha