The public broadcaster RTVE announced the composition of the Benidorm Fest 2023 jury. In just over a week, the event will elect Spain’s representative at the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC).
The international jury will define 50 percent of the results. The spokesperson will be Nina, who led Spain to the sixth place at ESC 1989 with the song Nacida para amar.
Christian Björkman is another strong name among the jurors: he has the producer of Melodifestivalen between 2002 and 2021 and represented Sweden at ESC 1992.
Katrina Leskanich, winner of ESC 1997 for the United Kingdom with the song Love Shine a Light, is on the jury panel too, which also includes personalities from the press, from OGAE Spain and head of delegations at ESC.
Benidorm Fest semi-finals will take place on January 29th and 30th, while the final will be on February 4th. In addition to the jury, there will be the demoscopic jury voting (25 percent) and the public voting (25 percent).
Benidorm Fest 2023 jury
- Spokesperson: Nina (Spanish representative at ESC 1989)
- Christer Björkman (Swedish representative at ESC 1992 and producer of Melodifestivalen between 2002 and 2021)
- Irene Valiente (Director of the show El último lugar, on Radio 3)
- Juan José Santana (President of OGAE Espanha)
- Katirina Leskanich (winner of ESC 1997 for the United Kingdom)
- Nicola Caligiore (Italian head of delegation between 2011 and 2019)
- Tali Eshkoli (Israeli head of delegation)
- William Lee Adams (founder and journalist at Wiwibloggs)