Marcus & Martinus and Paul Rey qualified tonight to the final of the Melodifestivalen 2023. The third heat of the Swedish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) took place in Lidköping.
The show was opened by Dolly Style and Farajh Abadi with the song Habibi. Then, the competing performances began, with Paul Rey. Marcus & Martinus were the last to take the stage. After the performances and the vote closing, Svenne & Lotta’s induction into the Melodifestivalen Hall of Fame was formalized. The duo came third in 1975, with the song Bang-A-Boomerang, which was a hit in Sweden.
The moment came to announce the winners of the heat: Marcus & Martinus, who were qualified for the final. Voting reopened with the remaining six contestants to define the other direct finalist and the two participants who will compete in the semi-final.
In the second voting stage, the detailed results were announced, with the points awarded by age group of voters. Paul Rey was the most voted and sealed the qualification for the final. Nordman and Melanie will participate in the semi-final on March 5th.
Results of the third heat
- 1.º Marcus & Martinus: Air
- 2.º Paul Rey: Royals – 85 points
- Qualified for the semi-final
- 3.º Nordman: Släpp alla sorger – 75 points
- 4.º Melanie Wehbe: For the Show – 57 points
- 5.º Ida-Lova: Låt hela stan se på – 36 points
- 6.º Laurell: Sober – 30 points
- 7.º Casanovas: Så kommer känslorna tillbaka – 29 points
Finalists and semifinalists of the Melodifestivalen 2023
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North feat. Adam Woods: Where You Are (Sávežan)
- Marcus & Martinus: Air
- Maria Sur: Never Give Up
- Panetoz: On my way
- Paul Rey: Royals
- Tone Sekelius: Rhythm Of My Show
- Elov & Beny: Raggen går
- Melanie Wehbe: For the Show
- Nordman: Släpp alla sorger
- Tennessee Tears: Now I know
- Theoz: Mer av dig
- Victor Crone: Diamonds