The eight participants at Eurosong 2023 are already known. This marks the return of a national final as the method of selection of Belgian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC).
Among the contestants, some artists are most known that others, and one of them has participated in the ESC before: Tom Dice, but this time he will compete with Kato Callebaut in the duo The Starlings.
The Eurosong is organized by the broadcaster VRT. It will take place in January at Palais 12 in Brussels. The host is Peter Van de Veire. There will be five introductory shows from January 9 to January 13, before the grand final on January 14.
Eurosong 2023 participants
- Ameerah is the stage name of Astrid Roelants (39 years old). She was discovered in the first Belgian edition of Idols in 2003 and the following year she participated in the Belgian national selection for ESC.
- Chérine is a 27-year-old singer who made herself known on The Voice van Vlaanderen in 2017, also participating in The Voice France and, already this year, in La plus belle voix.
- Gala dragot
- Gala dragot is the youngest of the candidates, with just 17 years old. After winning The Voice Kids, she got success quickly with her debut single.
- Gustaph, or Stef Caers, is 42 years old and wrote his first song when he was just seven. He is one of the most requested Soul voices in Belgium and internationally. In 2018, Gustaph was backing singer for Sennek in the ESC, doing the same for Hooverphonic in 2021.
- Hunter Falls
- Hunter Falls, stage name of Tchiah Ommae Abdulrahman, is a 27-year-old singer. He competed in The Voice van Vlaanderen and in the MNM Rising Star.
- At the age of 36, Loredana De Amicis faces her second attempt to compete in the ESC, after having participated in the Belgium selection in 2014 with Pat Krimson forming the duo 2 Fabiola.
- The Starlings
- The Starlings join Tom Dice (Belgian representative at the ESC 2010 achieving a sixth place) and Kato Callebaut. She started to appear on the Idols in 2011 and, ten years later, she married… Tom Dice.