A total of 85 songs were submited to the Selecţia Naţională 2023. The event is the selection of the Romania’s representative at the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC).
The country’s public broadcaster, TVR, announced that it received 85 songs, nine less than last year. Now, the songs will be listened to by a professional jury with seven members (find out more below) from December 14th to 16th. The decision will be taken on December 17th and the final list of participants will be announced on December 19th.
It was also revealed that Selecţia Naţională’s format will be different. The event will take place on February 11th at TVR studios. Only the public will decide the results, but there are two ways to vote: televoting and online.
Selecţia Naţională 2023 jury members
- Alin Vaida (Festival Director)
- Bogdan Stratula (Radio and TV Director)
- John Varbiu (Festival Founder)
- Laura Coroianu (Founder of a concern organisation company)
- Mihai Predescu (Head of Delegation)
- Sebastien Ferenţ (Festival Director)
- TBA (Project Director)
Leave a Reply